My man-friend takes photos.
Of everything.







One of his favorite things to take pictures of
is me.
He especially likes to take photos of me way too close.
I am not sure why.
Maybe
he thinks it's funny.....
maybe
he gets bored with taking photos at a sensible distance.....
maybe
he knows it bugs me......
maybe
he thinks there needs to be more pictures of my big eye balls in the world.....
who knows.
But for 12+ years now he has done it.
And it never ceases to entertain him.
I am sure there are hundreds of painfully close-up photos of me on our computer.
It used to really bother me.
It made me really uncomfortable
and exposed.
But the truth is.....
I don't really mind any more.
It is actually quite comforting.....
that the man who sees me
closer
than any other human,
who sees me
without make-up,
without any of my favorite illusions
and facades
still
wants to see me this close.
The man who knows me
better
than any other human
still
wants to know me.
Even this close
he sees something beautiful
and
something
worthy of a photograph.
Even when I have no place to hide.
He still wants to be
this close.
And
I
am
so very
thankful
that he does.
5 comments:
i like this post. :)
love this.
you are beautiful.
I think that is completely wonderful!! and you are very lucky, you look really good up close! :)
such wisdom, maturity and appreciation. You ARE beautiful, Michelle, inside and out.
Post a Comment